How It All Began: The Origins Of LEGO® Serious Play®

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Johan Roos
    Participant

As proud “fathers” of what many called an “insane” idea two decades ago, finally, Bart Victor and I just published an article about the sweat, tears and frustration, but also the passion, engagement, persistence and courage to be different that went into the LEGO® Serious Play® and Real-Time Strategy idea, concept, and initial product two decades ago. I hope you like it!
    How It All Began: The Origins Of LEGO® Serious Play®“, International Journal of Management and Applied Research, 5(4):326-343: http://ijmar.org/v5n4/18-025.html

Denise Meyerson
    Participant

This is a superb article. Thank you for the detailed explanations and the background. What a wonderful gift you have given to so many people – transformed lives and changed the way in which teams ‘play’ together.

@SeanBlair
    Participant

Like @denisemeyerson Thank you Johan, this is a super read and has helped me understand so much more about the brilliant method you and Prof Bart created. As one of the many professional facilitators who use the method, my clients and workshop participants are grateful to have their stories heard. I believe it was Einstein who said “If At First the Idea Is Not Absurd, Then There Is No Hope for It”. Your absurd idea, grounded on deep theoretical foundations is a huge gift… I wonder what it might do in the next 20 years: a time when we need to understand the unintended consequences of ‘interactions among agents’ more than ever before.

Jody Lentz
    Participant

Brilliant Johan! Thanks for reminding us of the deep and diverse theoretical roots of LSP.
    Our time at the Imagination Lab in Lausanne was always memorable and remarkable — thank you for your patience with a simple American as we brought LSP into the world.
    It is astonishing to me that LSP started as *strictly* a 3-day “Real Time Strategy” workshop and has grown into its current open-source operating system with thousands of apps running on it around the world.
    You and Bart should both be proud papa’s.

This is great article. I am so grateful to you and Mr. Victor. I will frame this part: ‘The story of LSP is one of the sweat, tears and frustration but also the passion, engagement and courage to be different that go into entrepreneurship. It is also a story of persistence.’ As one of facilitator, I am also passionate about methodology. Your methodology is in good hands.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2009-2024 SeriousPlayPro.com. SeriousPlayPro.com links professional facilitators using LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® methodology. It is not affiliated with LEGO. Check LEGO SERIOUS PLAY open source for details or get in touch with us.

See also our Privacy Policy and Frequently Asked Questions about LEGO SERIOUS PLAY

Send a question

We are a group of volunteers and may not respond right away. But soon! :-)

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account