VAT?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Martin van Dijken
    Participant

Hey all,

After receiving my certification from Per, I am now every excited to get started on my first workshop. I ordered 10 starter kits and a box of exploration kits from the Lego online store. It has been shipped, so happy about that.

Question though: how does it work with VAT? There is no VAT mentioned on the invoice and I can’t even tell where the stuff is coming from. Does anybody know if it is possible to get VAT back?

Look forward to hearing from you,

Martin

Martin van Dijken
    Participant

Ah, 1 question sort of answered. I just received an invoice from Lego Denmark. The strange thing is that the invoice is in Dutch, with the Dutch VAT percentage (21%, DK apparently has 25%) and the bank that is listed is a Dutch bank.

Getting more and more confused :-)

Marko Rillo
    Keymaster

Martin – did you manage to clarify the VAT issue? I believe that inside EU you should be able to import/export according to uniform rules whereby the tax is calculated based on the rules of the target country: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Union_value_added_tax#Intra-Community_acquisition

However, LEGO may have its branches in many countries across Europe and may resort to choose which of the countries they are selling the goods to you.

Martin van Dijken
    Participant

I’m not 100% certain it’s resolved, but I simply put this receipt into my tax deduction forms and tried it. I’ll know in a year from now whether it was accepted ;-)

I think it should be ok, it looks a lot like a Dutch invoice, has the right VAT % etc. Should be fine…

Thanks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2009-2024 SeriousPlayPro.com. SeriousPlayPro.com links professional facilitators using LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® methodology. It is not affiliated with LEGO. Check LEGO SERIOUS PLAY open source for details or get in touch with us.

See also our Privacy Policy and Frequently Asked Questions about LEGO SERIOUS PLAY

Send a question

We are a group of volunteers and may not respond right away. But soon! :-)

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account