competency assessment using LSP

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    PARAG GADHIA
    Participant

Hi, can anyone guide me regarding how LSP can be used for competency assessment.

For example I want to understand at what level participant is on “Customer Centricity” on a scale of 1 to 10. Is there a way to assess using LSP.

If anyone has done something on skill based, competency based work with LSP, please share/message me.

Marko Rillo
    Keymaster

Hi Parag,

What I have done occasionally during a workshop is using 10×1-pin LEGO plates for measurements (see the image) to assess the agreement/disagreement with the shared model buildings or their components. Would this work. Or can you please elaborate – you might have something else in mind?

Using LEGO bricks for measurement

Andrew Batchelor
    Participant

Unless there is a “right answer” for the assessment, I’m not sure how it would work. Given that LSP includes the premise that there are no wrong answers, it would be difficult to objectively assess any competancy.

On the other hand, I think LSP is a great tool for exploring all aspects of an idea like customer-centricity, and what it means to participants. You could then produce a report on the results of the LSP workshop versus best practices, highlighting areas that need attention.

Andrew

Marko Rillo
    Keymaster

Indeed. I have the same questions. But we need to make sure that we understand the exact meaning of the word “assessment” here. So Parag, can you please elaborate:
    – Will this be an individual task or a group task? Will people use LSP together or alone?
    – Who will assess? The participants? Will they assess themselves or each other?
    – How would you agree upon the baseline for the assessment? What will the assessment “I think that I/you/they are 1…10 on the scale of Customer Centric” be based on? Compared to what (industry, their company, peers, predetermined “ideal”, …)?
    – What would be the added value of LSP in this process? Will the participants build the metaphors that will help to convey some qualitative information on, e.g. building behaviors that are associated with being customer centric?

Jeff Tagle
    Participant

I’m assuming you already have behavioral indicators set for the competencies you want to measure. given that there is no “wrong answer” in LSP, the best LSP can do here is to try and elicit these behaviors in a group setting. From there, an independent observer/rater should be able to assess the level of the competency being measured. So LSP usage is not on the measuring of the competency per se, but on eliciting behaviors related to the competency. as for the questions to be used during the “workshop”, I’m also assuming you already have sample or test cases used for assessing competency levels.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2009-2024 SeriousPlayPro.com. SeriousPlayPro.com links professional facilitators using LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® methodology. It is not affiliated with LEGO. Check LEGO SERIOUS PLAY open source for details or get in touch with us.

See also our Privacy Policy and Frequently Asked Questions about LEGO SERIOUS PLAY

Send a question

We are a group of volunteers and may not respond right away. But soon! :-)

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account