Best book to start with LSP – My personal Objective: become a facilitator

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Belen
    Participant

Hi! I would like to know much more about the Methodology to apply it. I saw there are different books and I would like to know which one can help me on learning and applying the methodology. My objective is to become a LSP facilitator. As I´ve been working for years in Design Thinking and creativity workshops dinamization and Human Centered Design, I think this is my next professional step. Any suggestion?

Eli De Friend

Dear Belen,

Thanks for your interest in LSP. If you really have no other option than to read a book, I would suggest that you start with “Building a Better Business Using the Lego Serious Play Method” by Per Kristiansen and Robert Rasmussen. However, I personally don’t think that two-dimensional text can do justice to an interactive multi-sensorial collaboration methodology such as LEGO SERIOUS PLAY.

I don’t know if you have already seen the video clip by Pere Juárez Vives, who is a professor of Creativity, Entrepreneurship & Innovation at Universitat de Barcelona on LSP and Design Thinking https://youtu.be/KUJhKngeWAo

Another person from Barcelona who has been around the LSP community for a while is Ricard Huguet. It might be interesting for you to meet up with Ricard or Pere to get a deeper understanding of what LSP is and what it isn’t.

If you want to become a certified facilitator, you should be aware that since LSP went Open Source there is no longer any “official” certification path. The authors of the aforementioned book both train globally in English. Others offer training in other languages, but to my knowledge there is no longer any formal accreditation of trainers.

Once you have attended a 4-day facilitation training course, there are other books that you might be interested in acquiring to support your facilitation activities. One of these is “Serious Work. How to Facilitate Meetings & Workshops Using the LEGO® Serious Play® method” by Sean Blair and Marko Rillo.

I hope this gives you enough pointers to get started. Enjoy your new LSP universe and welcome to the community.

All the best,

Eli

Caroline Jessop
    Participant

Hi Belen

As your goal is facilitation I agree that training would help you develop your skillset better than a book. As Eli says, there is no one course or programme, but there are lots of options listed here of varying length and style: http://seriousplaypro.com/events/?utm_source=Serious+Play+Pro+Monthly+Newsletter&utm_campaign=d8f9e43ed5-Welcome_to_SeriousPlayPro_Community&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_d774194263-d8f9e43ed5-197590901

If you are really intent on a book, then both books may be worth consideration. Serious Work by Marko and Sean is a ‘how to’, where as Building a better business by Per and Robert is more about the ‘why’.

I hope that helps

C

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2009-2024 SeriousPlayPro.com. SeriousPlayPro.com links professional facilitators using LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® methodology. It is not affiliated with LEGO. Check LEGO SERIOUS PLAY open source for details or get in touch with us.

See also our Privacy Policy and Frequently Asked Questions about LEGO SERIOUS PLAY

Send a question

We are a group of volunteers and may not respond right away. But soon! :-)

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account