LSP for resistance to process

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Julie Dupont
    Participant

I’ve been asked to facilitate a change management session for 25 leaders from various companies around the importance of using process. Head office is suggesting changes to process and they want the companies to embrace the changes in process and want to use LSP as a way of communicating that. What questions/challenges would you suggest to help the builds support the client’s goals, while allowing the leaders to engage meaningfully and gain self-awareness skills? Thank you

Hello Julie.

I recently faciltated a session that was similiar in circumstance to this. Some of the frutiful questions that lead to an embracement of change was this sequence:

What features of the current process are you invested in? What makes xyz valueable to YOU?

What casualties of changing the current process may manifest if an unexpected change inn process were to occur?

If change of processes were “weather” what would you want to have in place to endure or enjoy the forecast to come?

Hope this helps. Would love explore this with you as I am available.

Best,

Christopher Robinson

Matt Goddard
    Participant

Hi Julie,

You may like to consider using LSP to express the current process flow, then using coloured flags to represent LEAN waste as the team to identify the different areas of waste in the process they built. Use sub groups with SME’s to design out the waste at level 2 or 3 for the process.

Build the new process on a separate table to compare and contrast.

Use models to create empathy maps for each affected stakeholder and use this to design your change comms strategy and plan.

Message me if you want to discuss.

Best

Matt

Julie Dupont
    Participant

Thank you Matt. Since there isn’t a specific process in place (and I’m pretty sure they aren’t familiar with LEAN principles), I’m not sure this will work. I do like the idea of empathy mapping though :)

Julie Dupont
    Participant

Thank you Chris! I would be interested in chatting further. What’s the best way to connect?
    Julie

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2009-2024 SeriousPlayPro.com. SeriousPlayPro.com links professional facilitators using LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® methodology. It is not affiliated with LEGO. Check LEGO SERIOUS PLAY open source for details or get in touch with us.

See also our Privacy Policy and Frequently Asked Questions about LEGO SERIOUS PLAY

Send a question

We are a group of volunteers and may not respond right away. But soon! :-)

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account