lsp in a production factory

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    idan levin
    Participant

Hello friends,
    I feel a bit lost with a new client and would love your input.
    I was invited to facilitate an lsp workshop in a seed production factory during a 2-day strategy meet-up. the length of the workshop will be between 4-6 hours. I am still trying to understand the expected outputs of the head of the factory and how lsp can contribute. the client is the the the manager of the factory, under him are 8 managers that are in charge of the production (the workshop is for them). they are all relatively new (1.5-2 years on the job). most of them are agronoms. the client would like them to learn how to effectively manage a production/assembly line, understand the need for cooperation meetings during production and how to identify bottlenecks in the process. I thought of building a workshop that starts with role perception of the managers in the production process (because the procees includes various levels, including R&D, it can be usefull to clarify their role in it) and move fairely quickley to a shared model where they build ther ideal production process. the next segment can be used to talk about the gaps between the ideal type built and of the process as it is managed today. the last part can be used for individual buiding of what each of the managers can do tomorrow in order to improve the effectivenes of the production line.
    I would love your input. Thank you :)

Dean Meyers
    Participant

I hope this isn’t heresy to introduce a slightly different starting place for this workshop; I have run an activity called “Kanban Pizza” which could be perfectly appropos for introducing Lean processes, and how to use a Kanban, particularly in a production process. It’s fun, it’s educational, and can be done in 1 1/2 hours. THEN you can use LSP to hone in on team building, system design issues, understanding roles, inter dependencies… just a host of other aspects of the processes you want to cover.

Kanban Pizza is in Creative Commons, and you can find the background, materials list, templates and instructions here: http://www.agile42.com/en/training/kanban-pizza-game/

I have used the activity in a variety of settings, from system engineers/programmers to clients in manufacturing at the management level working on team development and agile adoption.

I can give you suggestions on particular modifications as well, and I think it would be interesting to see this blended with LSP as another way to think with your hands, especially if this is already a very “hands-on” work environment.

Dean

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2009-2024 SeriousPlayPro.com. SeriousPlayPro.com links professional facilitators using LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® methodology. It is not affiliated with LEGO. Check LEGO SERIOUS PLAY open source for details or get in touch with us.

See also our Privacy Policy and Frequently Asked Questions about LEGO SERIOUS PLAY

Send a question

We are a group of volunteers and may not respond right away. But soon! :-)

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account