Has anyone here been involved in the “Agile Software Development” movement?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Brian Bozzuto
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

so I’m new to this community and am approaching it from a slightly different direction. My background is in software development and IT project management. I have become very involved in the Agile community (www.AgileAlliance.org). Within this community, there is a growing group of people committed to the use of games, simulations and any other number of interactive experiences in lieu of the traditional techniques for training, planning, visioning and even doing work.

I’m curious if any of you have been involved in this community, as there seems to be quite a bit of overlap between what they are saying and what this community is discussing.

Marko Rillo
    Keymaster

Hi Brian,

Welcome on board! It appears that as there are no replies to your request then not many members of the seriousplaypro.com community have been involved in Agile community. However, thank you for sharing the link – you seem to have an active community with lots of interesting happening.

Rgds,
    Marko

Eli De Friend

Hi Brian,
    I have a friend and ex-colleague, François Bachmann, who is a Scrum master, was always interested in LSP, but never made the link that you have seen between the Agile approach and LSP.

The firm we used to work for wasquite traditional. He left because they would not support Agile methods at a strategic level and I left, amongst other reasons, because they did not see how tools like LEGO SERIOUS PLAY could fit into their strategy.

I would be very interested to hear what common themes you have already discovered between the Agile and LSP world.
    Best regards,

Eli De Friend

Cuan Mulligan
    Participant

Hi Brian,

I am part of a team in the uk, support the company on its transition to agile. I feel there is a huge place for serious game play, I am a trained Innovation games facilitator, and now looking to get into LSP.

I use game play as one of the tools in my tool box to help coach the teams…is there any particular issues your looking for information on ?
    cheers
    cuan

James
    Participant

HI Brian

I’m a Scrum master and Agile coach based in the UK.. I’m looking at adding this to my toolkit, I’m hoping there are some great benefits in using it to coach agile teams and organisations.

James

David Laribee
    Participant

Hi, Brian.

I’m an agile coach at VersionOne (internal product development team) http://versionone.com

We’re using LSP for release-level retrospectives and considering introducing it as a strategic tool.

I see the early interest in LSP happening (agile games conference featured a keynote on LSP), but it’s pretty early. I think the efforts of folks like Luke Hohmann (Innovation Games) will increase the variety of game playing techniques we have available in the software development community. I’m bullish about the possibilities of the LSP methodology.

/ Dave

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2009-2024 SeriousPlayPro.com. SeriousPlayPro.com links professional facilitators using LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® methodology. It is not affiliated with LEGO. Check LEGO SERIOUS PLAY open source for details or get in touch with us.

See also our Privacy Policy and Frequently Asked Questions about LEGO SERIOUS PLAY

Send a question

We are a group of volunteers and may not respond right away. But soon! :-)

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account