Building Trust Using LSP

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Scott Knutson
    Participant

Good Morning/Afternoon Everyone –

I am a newly minted LEGO(R) Serious Play(R) method facilitator, and I have been asked to use LSP for a team struggling with trust issues among team members. I’ve been searching for some examples of exercises using LSP and trust, but haven’t had much luck, so I thought I’d reach out here ask: has anyone ever used LSP for building trust and would you be willing to share what you did?

Thanks,

Scott

Lennie Noiles
    Participant

Scott
    I am often asked to work with teams that have a lack of trust, both as a coach and a LSP facilitator. What I have found is, unless trust has been broken, what appears to be a trust issue is usually a communication issue. Team members don’t really know their teammates. The best way to get to know someone else is to be in dialogue with them. At the end of my most recent LSP workshop the feedback was, “this is the most we have talked to each other in the history of the team.” In my followup with the team lead I was told the LSP workshop opened the door to team communication.
    In this workshop I scripted mostly exercises from the Team Identity model. As the workshop progressed I adapted the exercises to what was emerging from the room.
    If you want exercises that focus on trust I would first familiarize yourself with the research around psychological safety then build exercises around what a safe environment is like and how the team might design an alliance of how to work together around that model.
    I hope this helps you move forward on your LSP journey.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2009-2024 SeriousPlayPro.com. SeriousPlayPro.com links professional facilitators using LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® methodology. It is not affiliated with LEGO. Check LEGO SERIOUS PLAY open source for details or get in touch with us.

See also our Privacy Policy and Frequently Asked Questions about LEGO SERIOUS PLAY

Send a question

We are a group of volunteers and may not respond right away. But soon! :-)

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account