Using LSP to help professionals find and work on their personal brands

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Alejandro Cabral
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I’m a brand new LSP facilitator, marveled still by what I learned a few weeks ago with Lucio Margulis. My head has been spinning since then with the possibilities. The applications seem endless!

In any case, I’ve been working with sales and marketing professionals for the past 5 years, and with entrepreneurs off late with a single goal: how to find the elements that they can utilize to build a strong personal brand. That needs to happen in the real, off-line world so then they can build their online presence, and I’ve been using a series of methods that have been quite useful.

That is until then. I just created a LSP workshop for the same purpose and will run the first one next week. My reasoning was that whatever comes up while participants create will have an impact on a) the way they see themselves, b) the way they want to be perceived and c) what they believe is currently perceived of them, all three key elements to building their personal brand.

I also expect that this will help them tell their story in a different way, so I’m adding some context along with some reads about creating stories to give them structure, but I’m not convinced yet: I do not want to give participants something that will limit them as they find and discover their stories.

Has anyone run a personal branding workshop with LSP before? All contributions accepted :)

Thanks!
    Alejandro

Gabriel
    Participant

Hola Alejandro,

Great initiative! Although I didn’t call it brand, I designed quite few workshops that focused on personal identity. I saw it more as a piece of a greater puzzle. What makes an organization, is a collection of teams, and what constitutes a team, is a collection of individuals. So designed a workshop I would offer to entrepreneurs to find their voice and align with their true calling, all this based exactly on Johari’s window. What I found and learned in the process was how important it was to remove any points of reference that would ultimately influence the building of models. So to answer your question, my suggestion would be to avoid any pre-work or pre-reading. This allowed my client, to fully go all out when I asked her to build a model that described the main characteristics of her life in the future… some kind of of real time strategy for individual, after going through the Johari questions. It worked great. Anyways that’s my two cents worth. Good luck.

Gabriel

Alejandro Cabral
    Participant

July 13th Update:

I already had 2 personal brand workshops, based on finding their identity. Johari’s was a good idea, as I had used before on similar quests but in this case, it really added tangible value to participants (meaning, not “whiteboard value”, not written but built) and through the models they built they were able to find elements on which they will work later on as part of their own brand building journey.

Something I noticed was that it was relatively easy for most participants (had 2 groups of 4 and 6 people) to build aspirational models and extract real solid elements to later drop in a business canvas-like model. Part of the workshop was devoted to understanding there is no value proposal without vision and thus, they worked on finding / creating their visions which would later become part of that canvas.

Worked like a charm!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2009-2024 SeriousPlayPro.com. SeriousPlayPro.com links professional facilitators using LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® methodology. It is not affiliated with LEGO. Check LEGO SERIOUS PLAY open source for details or get in touch with us.

See also our Privacy Policy and Frequently Asked Questions about LEGO SERIOUS PLAY

Send a question

We are a group of volunteers and may not respond right away. But soon! :-)

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account