LSP Workshop Documentation and further Steps afterwards

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Manuel Grassler
    Participant

Hi there,

I ran 5 full day workshops alone in this month and I came across the need to have a good workshop documentation afterwards.

So I though about asking here for your experience and best practices.
    How do you document your workshops afterwards and provide it to your clients? What are good solutions? What are not so good solutions?

My approach right now is:

– Describing the models using the pictures and speech containers explaining the different meanings of the models
    – Providing the videos from the shared model buildings also with a summary of what has been said
    – Some bullet points of themes that came up during the questions
    – Pictures of the workshop as well as from the flip-charts.

For now it worked well but I have the feeling that documentation can be improved somehow. Especially as companies don’t want to share the model pictures internally as an output of the workshop but just describing the models verbally would reduce the meaning and insights gained from it.

How do you do it?

Additionally sometimes based on the workshop topic people ask me how they should proceed with the outcome. I give them some tips about it but usually it is their task to follow up on this. But what I recognized it is that they don’t really fell comfortable with transfering the outcome to their daily business as usually a shared picture is some sort of meta-view and they then need to break it down to real tasks. Do you include a module in your workshops where your break the results down into next steps or concrete actions?

How do you do it? Using LSP or other methods?
    I usually let them build a model which shows what actually they need to do with the results (more like actions) or derive simple guiding principles or build a model based on the challenges they can imagine to overcome in order to reach at their shared vision.

Looking forward to your experiences and replies.

Kind regards,
    Manuel

Wiro Kuipers
    Participant

Besides your own solutions I sometimes work together with a visual facilitator who makes visual notes based on people’s stories and the things they tell in between the lines. We print those notes and sketches right at the end of the session, so everybody can bring them back to their workingplaces. Usually it’s a nice reminder – that covers the stories in a way non-participants get it as well.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2009-2024 SeriousPlayPro.com. SeriousPlayPro.com links professional facilitators using LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® methodology. It is not affiliated with LEGO. Check LEGO SERIOUS PLAY open source for details or get in touch with us.

See also our Privacy Policy and Frequently Asked Questions about LEGO SERIOUS PLAY

Send a question

We are a group of volunteers and may not respond right away. But soon! :-)

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account