LSP in Agile Coaching

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Gil Villanueva Jr
    Participant

Anyone using LSP in Agile coaching. I am referring to real LSP and not the Lego Airport on similar activities that do not follow the LSP model.
    If you have an LSP Agile activity and would like to share I am interested in learning

Gil Villanueva

Pere Juarez
    Participant

Hi,
    from Univ Barcelona ,I apply LSP in Agile for 4 years with excellent results

in Superior Educ. and LifeLong Learning

Best Regards

Pere

pjuarez@ub.edu

Gil Villanueva Jr
    Participant

Pere

I have been an Agile coach for 4 years and although not a trained LSP facilitator – not yet – I am very enthusiastic at the possibility of using LSP for coaching Agile. Any Activities you wish to share?

Gil Villanueva

Lennie Noiles
    Participant

I have used LSP within Agile environments to help teams and organizations solve “wicked” problems. These problems surfaced from their transition to Agile. I used LSP as a true coaching tool not as an Agile game.
    The 3 dimensional aspect helps teams see a variety of perspectives that were not previously in view.

Diego Maffazzioli
    Participant

Hi Lennie, can you explain a little bit more about your style in Agile teams? If possible, can you share how do you do? Thanks and best regards

Lennie Noiles
    Participant

@diegomaffazzioli
    “The answer is within the system.”

There is nothing special I do for LSP in an Agile environment. I follow roughly the same standard LSP process model: Skill building, individual models, shared model, Landscape, etc. following the ask, build, share, reflect sequence.
    I rely heavily on my professional leadership coaching background to ask challenging questions to move through the root problem.
    Although I have used Lego bricks to help teams understand Agile, I don’t use LSP materials and techniques to teach / coach Agile. I use LSP as a tool to help teams solve wicked problems, Agile or otherwise. Having a deep Agile background helps me communicate with Agile teams using their language and I can always fallback on the 4 tenants & 12 Agile principles. I have never found Agile to be the problem, but Agile does uncover problems. Where I use LSP in an Agile environment is to address the issues Agile uncovers.

For example:
    I am in the early stages ofpreparing to lead a workshop for 2 Agile teams wanting to find a new way of working together. I plan to use cycles of divergence and convergence in this workshop:
    – Morning skill building and individual model building.
    – A shared model building sequence based on the SWOT analysis template.
    – A current state landscape.
    – Co-create a future state landscape model, incorporating simple guiding principles.
    – Connections to identify the gap between here and there.
    – Emergence to help their new process stick and become sustainable in the future.

I will spend a substantial time building out the workshop design with multiple iterations and refinement to get the right mix of exercises and questions to address the perceived issue in the allotted time.

As you can see there is nothing special here. The trick is in asking powerful challenge questions which often change from plan as the workshop unfolds.
    My advice:
    Focus on meeting the needs of your Agile teams, not driving a specific agenda. Be agile in your approach. Don’t be attached to outcomes. Believe the answer is within the system.

I hope this helps.

Diego Maffazzioli
    Participant

@lennie my dear friend, I agree with you and think the same. Thank you for sharing ;)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2009-2024 SeriousPlayPro.com. SeriousPlayPro.com links professional facilitators using LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® methodology. It is not affiliated with LEGO. Check LEGO SERIOUS PLAY open source for details or get in touch with us.

See also our Privacy Policy and Frequently Asked Questions about LEGO SERIOUS PLAY

Send a question

We are a group of volunteers and may not respond right away. But soon! :-)

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account