Introduction exercise

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Alison Rex 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author
     Arjan Passenier MSc 
    Participant

Hi all,

I am currently working as a business integration manager for a company that has bought two smaller companies… now they asked me (because they know I am a LSP facilitator as well) to design a way of getting to know each other. I am a bit reluctant about this, because I won’t have any control over the way it will be used once introduced.

The idea at this moment is to give everyone a exploration bag and build their own work environment… and maybe a little bit of them self in it. With this build they have to introduce their self to a colleague.

I am really in doubt if this is a good way of using LEGO… does anyone have a better idea?

Thanks in advance,
    Arjan Passenier MSc

Alison Rex 
    Participant

Hi Arjan

I have used LSP with a group of regional directors/managers, each in satellite locations, with different priorities, departments etc. LSP worked very well for them to explain about roles, issues, priorities, how they felt. The outcome was very successful – resulting in a great deal of deeper understanding and respect. I often use an imaginary nightmare or Fantastic organisation for getting participants to talk about their ideals and dislikes/issues, so as to disassociate from the current situation.

After their ‘about me’ build, you could focus on future values and behaviours for the group, how they want to work together in the future, this works well for helping people to integrate.

Regards
    Alison

Arjan Passenier MSc 
    Participant

Hi Alison,

Thanks for you reply… could you tell me how you kept control of the process? How did you manage to let the participants share their story? I am very curious about your approach… at first sight this would be great to use here.

Regards,
    Arjan

Alison Rex 
    Participant

In simple terms: Tell about yourself. tell about a nightmare organisation; so understanding what they didn’t want to happen in their future organisation. Tell about your organisation of the future (values and behaviours). Build the shared model, which resulted in their set of guiding principles i.e. how they will work and behave together in the future.

Hope this helps.
    Alison

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Send a question

We are a group of volunteers and may not respond right away. But soon! :-)

Sending

©2009-2018 SeriousPlayPro.com. SeriousPlayPro.com links professional facilitators using LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® methodology. It is not affiliated with LEGO. Check LEGO SERIOUS PLAY open source for details or get in touch with us.

See also our Privacy Policy and Frequently Asked Questions about LEGO SERIOUS PLAY

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account