DIY Lego Landscape Kit

Viewing 7 posts - 11 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Per Kristiansen
    Participant

Dear all
    A quick note to clarify:
    The material for the Identity & Landscape kit has arrived at the packaging facilities in Europe today, they now need to packaged, so should be clear very very soon. (not in July, this must be based from guys Alan spoke with in LEGO). Thus, unless you need it next week, very little need for Plan B
    Have a great weeekend
    Per

simon robertshaw
    Participant

yes I got a message yesterday they would be available mid March!! whooppeee

Alan McShane
    Participant

Great Per! The July date was from the Fulfillment Centre … Plan B on hold then!

Chrissi Nerantzi
    Participant

Great ideas here by all. Love the DIY approach as I think being resourceful is important. Regarding connections, I was also thinking to use wool? Every participants would get a different colour. Could also have different colours symbolising the nature of the connections? The disadvantage would be that we wouldn’t really be able to attach to the models and physically move to show impact? But maybe we could… using Lego bits with holes? There is always a solution…

Wondering if there is an inexpensive way to order specific bricks? I would like to put my own sets together? Have found http://shop.lego.com/en-GB/Pick-A-Brick-ByTheme > are there other places? Thank you in advance for your help.

Chrissi

Eli De Friend

Dear All,
    Even when the official Connections Kit is available, it’s always nice to supplement the material with other stuff. LEGO Education has some interesting material, e.g. 9686 Simple & Powered Machines Set and 9641 Pneumatics Add on Set and 45560 LEGO® MINDSTORMS® Education EV3 Expansion Set.
    Obviously these do not offer the variety of an LSP Connections Kit, but they are designed for the construction of mechanical systems and what we do in LSP is build physical (mechanical) metaphors of logical systems, so these kits can serve as a nice enhancement, but will not replace the Connections Kit, neither in terms of diversity or value for money.
    Best regards to all
    Eli

Sebastian
    Participant

Hi, I have the same issue. I have a Landscape/identity kit which I find to not be enough for large workshops. I tend to buy Duplos and and pieces from other sets where available. For animals I find using plastic no lego animal figures with playdoh works just fine for metaphors and the clients love it. For the connection kits I have been waiting for the last 11 months.
    A solution for connections is to use various nylon ropes, coloured wires, wool sheathed in transparent piping and then connect them to a circular one point brick by drilling a hole in the side. I find it is quite effective and you can make differenet lengths and colours quite easily. The Legos are actually quite easy to drill into with a portable handheld pen drill. You can make 30 to 40 sets and they can connect to each other easily. The drawback is that they cannot “stand up” as the connection pipes can.
    The great things with LSP I can then ask the participants to imagineand define what each coloured connection means and the relationship it creates.

Cheers

Marko Rillo
    Keymaster

I added a new post on preparing Landscape Kit with the help of other Lego Education Kits. Hope it helps and gives some valuable ideas: http://seriousplaypro.com/2013/08/25/diy-lego-serious-play-kit/

Viewing 7 posts - 11 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2009-2024 SeriousPlayPro.com. SeriousPlayPro.com links professional facilitators using LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® methodology. It is not affiliated with LEGO. Check LEGO SERIOUS PLAY open source for details or get in touch with us.

See also our Privacy Policy and Frequently Asked Questions about LEGO SERIOUS PLAY

Send a question

We are a group of volunteers and may not respond right away. But soon! :-)

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account