- This event has passed.
LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® methods for Project Teams in Motion!
May 29, 2017 @ 9:00 am - June 1, 2017 @ 5:00 pm
Get ready to add FUN and Excitement to your program! Learn to use LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® methods & materials, LEGO® Mindstorm® Robots, and Creative Problem Solving Processes, combined with Strategic Play® tools and applied in a unique and powerful program that delivers team results.
In today’s fast paced business environment, organizations in all industries and service sectors are forming task and project teams to get the work done. Everyone from healthcare professionals to marketing teams, IT teams, community leaders, and even public school teachers must help teams perform at their highest capacity. We will be using agile methods that are designed to be used inside or outside of an IT environment, no previous agile experience is required. You maybe a team coach, a facilitator, a teacher / trainer, you might even be an agile coach or scrum master, or just someone that works with teams and wants to be more helpful in their development.
If you work with teams you know that multidisciplinary teams are often developed to work on projects that are more complex, with constantly changing requirements. But how can we take teams to the highest level of functionality where they are equipped to:
* Respectfully take full advantage of the talent on the team?
* Make the best use of their resources (time, human, budget, operations, etc.)?
* Use creative thinking to effectively solve problems faster & better, to find innovative solutions?
* Apply creative problem tools to understand team interests and talents, stakeholder interests and positions, visioning, and to plan strategy?
* Gain the competencies to move multifunction project teams from the conception stage to the Implementation and action stage in iterative steps?
Teams that are flexible, adaptable, and agile are more successful as they navigate messy problems in real time, and that’s why we have developed this hands-on, interactive training. This training provides team coaches, educators, and facilitators with a ready-to-go program they can deliver to teach, coach, and facilitate as the project unfolds. The experience is so powerful, memorable, and applicable that learning goes immediately from the training room to the project floor. Advanced facilitation techniques will be used and unpacked in the interative stages and retrospectives.
As the facilitator / team coach, you learn to train from the back of the room and use teachable moments to coach a team to success. You facilitate the process and the learning happens organically as the project unfolds. This is a fast-paced program where participants are 100% engaged as they work together to solve a real world problem using both LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® methods and LEGO® Mindstorm robots and materials. You will gain techniques as you learn to adapt and design this core program to your unique environment to deliver a training workshop that rocks.
This training highlights leadership, conflict management, creative problem solving, and diversity of thinking all at once.
Get ready for the learning of your lifetime. You get:
Four exciting jam packed days in Whistler at the award winning Nita Lake Lodge with breaks and lunch each day
Your LSP Starter Kit of LEGO Bricks
A professional set of photographs to kick start your marketing
Helpful tips and tricks for your program launch
Your unique problem solving profile assessment
A manual with the ready-to-go program
A great set of Strategic Play diagnostic cards to use with your teams
Your certification, noting hours logged in training by a Master Trainer
Don’t miss out. We have a limited number of seats available, so avoid disappointment and register today.
Also: The training is being held at the award winning Nita Lake Lodge (also the home of Strategic Play) and they are offering special discounts on rooms for trainees, so be sure to call the hotel and ask for the Strategic Play Group Rate for that time period.
Nita Lake Lodge Toll Free North America: 1-888-755-6482
Nita Lake Lodge – all other locations +1-604-966-5700
Objectives your clients want you to help them reach for capacity building for 21st century leadership skills!
- Lead by example and use circle of influence to contribute to team processes
- Become a high functioning team member
- Use effective communication skills for critical conversations
- Develop your team into becoming high-performing
- Manage change processes
- Understand and measure risks
- Apply agile, flexible, and adaptable thinking skills
- Take responsibility, and step up and speak up with confidence
- Engage stakeholders and motivate team members to perform at their best
- Work and excel under pressure
- Apply creative problem solving and divergent and convergent thinking appropriately
- Evaluate and select work paths
- Identifying criteria needed for decisions
- Think strategically under pressure
- Coach others to perform at their best in real time
- Work with project or product owners to manage scope creep
- Present finished products
Ok, now stop reading and register for this training – the seats are selling fast and Whistler and the Nita Lake Lodge are on fire….