We just released a new book! It explores how to apply LEGO® Serious Play® method to practice. It is called: Serious Work. How to Facilitate Meetings & Workshops Using the LEGO® Serious Play® method.
The journey of the book started a year ago at Billund conference in 2015 where Sean Blair and I started discussing lack of writing about how to carry out workshops with LEGO Serious Play methodology. While current case studies at SeriousPlayPro provide some snippets of what happens at different workshops, there was no single source that would tell the full story of the basics. This is what brought our interest together.
Highlights of the book:
- Participatory Leadership. Be a Participatory Leader with LEGO® Serious Play®. Why would you not want peoples best ideas?
- Covers Five Applications. Detailed plans for: Goal Setting, Idea Generation, Team Building, Team Vision, Values & Behaviours.
- Eleven Co-Authors. Practical advice, tips and stories from 11 professional facilitators from around the world.
- For Professionals Who Meet. For executives, consultants, managers, designers and leaders of all types of meeting.
- Develop Serious Skills. Understand the skills unique to LEGO® Serious Play® and how to develop them.
- Latest LEGO® Serious Play® Thinking. With new models and concepts to help you learn the skills you need (not the ones you don’t)
The book is a summary of many years of practical experience and real life testing. It introduces five most used application techniques and provides hands-on practical road-maps on learning about LEGO® Serious Play® method and applying it to your own practice.
We have created a specific community website at Serious.Global, which includes resources that the readers of the book may download and use in their future sessions. During the coming weeks Sean and I will be posting some snippets of the book for the members of the SeriousPlayPro.
A review of Serious Work on Amazon
By Tamara Christensen on December 22, 2016
Format: Paperback Verified Purchase